2/COLLECTION OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Different levels of your personal data may be collected by us, both on our Site and at our boutiques:
- If you are not a registered user, you will be browsing our Site as a guest. We will not collect or use any personal data from you (except when you choose to place an order with us as a guest) but you may not be able to use all the services and features that we offer to registered users.
- You will need to input certain personal data when registering with us on our Site, in order to receive various features and services that we offer to our registered users, such as email updates, responses to your queries, and to participate in our private sales.
- You can place an order with us as a guest or as a registered user on our Site. In both cases, we will only collect information necessary to fulfil the relevant order (such as your name, contact details and payment/credit card information). If, however, you log in using our social media feature then we will also collect information relating to your interests, circle of friends and followers if you agree to share this information with us to use the features provided.
- You may from time to time provide us with your personal data at our boutiques, via your applications for or use of various services that we provide. For instance, you may be required to provide us with your personal data; to purchase from us or make enquiries at our stores or over the telephone; to provide feedback to us (such as via a survey); or to participate in our promotions and events.
USE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We use the personal data you provide to us for the following purposes (and any purposes directly related to these purposes) (collectively, the “Purposes”):
- To provide our services to you (including assessing any application for and administration of such services). This includes responding to any questions you may have, providing you with recommendations on products in our stores or on our Site, maintaining your shopping cart on our Site, assessing your applications with us for any of our services, allowing you to participate in our events and promotions when you so wish, and fulfilling any orders you may make with us (including verification and security checks of your details, and processing of your payments).
- To provide you with direct marketing communications, in accordance with the “Marketing Communications” section below.
- Matching your personal data with information you provided to us via other means.
- To analyse trends, usage and shopping behaviour with us (whether on an individualized or aggregated basis), which helps us better understand how you and our collective customer base access and use our Site and services, for the purposes of improving our services and to respond to customer desires and preferences. For these purposes, we will use personal data about your gender, age, interests, geographical location, Site usage, shopping behaviour and other personal data.
OTHER POINTS OF NOTE REGARDING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Please also note that:
- If you do not provide your personal data to us, we may not be able to provide all of our services and features to you.
- Subject to, or where otherwise required by law or permitted by law to protect our interests, we will (a) only retain your personal data for as long as it is necessary to fulfill the Purposes, and (b) erase any of your personal data that we have stored as soon as reasonably practicable, if you choose to delete your account with us (c) procure that data held by a third party if you choose to delete your account with us or terminate use of social media features.
COLLECTION OF ANONYMOUS DATA FROM YOU
Separately, we may collect certain other data from you on our Site:
- We automatically collect data relating to your online session to provide our services to you, to gather statistical information on our server’s usage and to help us better meet your demands and expectations. This may include but is not limited to your browser type and version, your operating system and your IP address and/or domain name.
- If you are browsing our Site (whether as a guest or as a registered user), it may place a cookie on your computer that identifies your computer to us and allows us to personalise your shopping experience and provide you with various services (such as maintaining the content of your shopping cart). Cookies are small information files stored on your hard drive and are automatically accepted by most browsers. It does not allow us to access the rest of your computer or your personal data. Please change your browser’s settings if you do not wish to accept cookies. Please note that you may not be able to use all features and services offered on our Site if your browser does not accept cookies.
- We may market to you our goods and services, and the goods and services of: (a) our related companies (including our affiliate and subsidiary companies), (b) joint venture partners, and (c) other third party providers. Such marketing communications may be in various forms, including advertisements, special events notifications or newsletters, and delivered via various methods in accordance with the personal data that you provide to us, such as by email, SMS, smartphone app push notifications, notifications on your social media pages, in –app messaging or postal mail.
You may partially or entirely opt-out of receiving such direct marketing communications at any time by: (a) amending your preferences in accordance with “How to check and update your personal data” section below, (b) contacting our Customer Care team at firstname.lastname@example.org or mailing to; G.P.O. Box 6814, Hong Kong (c) in the case of emails, by clicking the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of such emails.
DIRECT MARKETING OPT-IN AND OPT-OUT PROVISION
We intend to use your Data in direct marketing and we may not so use your data unless we have received your consent (which includes an indication of no objection). We would like to use the data in our records including your name, [phone number, email and/or correspondence address ] to send you marketing materials. When you register, you will be given the option to opt-out of subscribing to our regular update service which will send you email and direct mail alerts for new products, features, enhancements, special offers, upgrade opportunities, contests, events of interest, and one-off marketing promotions. Such alerts may include marketing information about different brands offered by BEYORG® l Beyond Organic and our subsidiaries, or products and services offered by our selected business partners.
We will not sell your Data to any third party or provide such Data to any third party via any means for the purpose of direct marketing. We may however provide your Data to the subsidiaries or the selected business partners of BEYORG® l Beyond Organic so that they can carry out advertisements. Marketing communications you subscribe to will only be sent by BEYORG® l Beyond Organic Hong Kong Limited.
At all times, we will offer you the opportunity to unsubscribe out of any service or update to which you have subscribed, if you change your mind. Any e-mail we send you will contain an easy automated unsubscribe link so that you can opt-out of that particular mailshot. Simply follow the indications in the e-mail. Alternatively you can change your email preferences or opt out of all emails by logging into My Account. To opt out of direct mail service or updates, please contact our Customer Care team at email@example.com.
4/CLOSED-CIRCUIT TELEVISION(“CCTV”) AT OUR STORES
We employ Closed-Circuit Television (“CCTV”) in our stores. Store premises are subject to CCTV surveillance and activities are recorded by video camera to procure reasonable security and safety of the monitored area.
Information obtained through CCTV monitoring will be used exclusively for safety, security, and law enforcement purposes. Recorded images will be stored in a secure location with access by authorized staff only and will be deleted as soon as practicable once the purpose of collection is fulfilled.
If you wish to contact us in relation to privacy of your personal data, please contact our Customer Care team at firstname.lastname@example.org or mailing to; G.P.O. Box 6814, Hong Kong.
5/SECURITY AND PROTECTION OF YOUR INFORMATION
We protect the personal data that you provide to us by reasonable physical, electronic and managerial measures. Please be aware that despite our efforts, no data security measures can guarantee 100% security at all times.
To protect your personal data while you are on our Site, we will encrypt any personal data you transmit to us via our Site using Secure Socket Layer (SSL) — an industry standard for encryption over the Internet.
If you are a registered user on our Site, you may decide to store your credit card details with us to make your shopping faster and simpler. Once saved, only your last four digits will be displayed, so that you know which credit card you are using. You will need to re-enter your credit card details if you decide to ship an order to a new shipping address. This is to protect your details and to guarantee that your credit card is only used for shipping addresses that you have approved. We will not transfer your credit card details to any third parties except with your prior consent.
6/ DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Your personal data held by us will be kept confidential, except we may disclose your personal data to the following parties (who may be located, and use your personal data, outside of your country of residence):
- Any financial institutions, charge or credit card issuing companies, credit information or reference bureaus, or collection agencies where necessary to establish and support the payment of any products and services being requested by you; and
- Any other party where such disclosure is mandated by statutory or contractual obligations or as required by law or court of law, or where such disclosure is necessary to protect our interests (as permitted by law).
We do not provide your personal data to any other third parties unless your prior express consent is obtained. We may transfer anonymous and aggregated data to third parties from time to time, which may include your personal data in an anonymous format and which does not allow the third parties to identify you in any way other than on our own Site.
7/HOW TO CHECK AND UPDATE YOUR INFORMATION
You may wish to access, verify or update any of your personal data that we hold. You can do so by:
(a) logging in the “My Account” section,
(b) contacting our Customer Care team at email@example.com, or
(c) updating “Customer Information Form” at one of our stores.
HOW YOU CAN ACCESS AND IF NECESSARY, CHANGE THE DATA BEYORG® l BEYOND ORGANIC MAINTAINS
You can change or delete saved credit/debit card details each time you make a purchase. You will also be able to delete saved credit/debit card details by adding or editing a shipping/billing address. If you change your billing or shipping address while your order is still being processed, the order will be re-processed through security validation checks. If you prefer, you may contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will amend your data.
9/WHERE AND HOW TO ASK QUESTIONS OR FILE COMPLAINTS
If you require more information please go to the Contact Us section of the web site and send an email to our Customer Care team at email@example.com or mailing to; G.P.O. Box 6814, Hong Kong.